Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
A man and woman are facing charges after allegedly threatening and hurling anti-Black insults at people during a “parking dispute” in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on March 16, 2021, a verbal argument broke out between the suspects and the victims in the parking lot of a hardware store in the Mavis Road and Hillcrest Avenue area in Mississauga.
Police allege the argument escalated to the point where the male suspect retrieved a weapon from the trunk of his vehicle and threatened victims while using anti-Black slurs. Police also allege the female suspect damaged the victims’ vehicle.
Police say the suspects fled the area before police arrived.
On April 10, 2021, a 27-year-old woman from Mississauga was charged with mischief over $5,000. Police also arrested a 24-year-old man from Mississauga and charged him with assault with a weapon and uttering threats. Both will appear in court on June 25, 2021.
Anyone who witnessed the parking lot incident or has any information regarding this investigation is asked to contact investigators at the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121 extension 1133.
- Police seeking public's assistance in Mississauga assault investigation
- Police Arrest Man After Uttering Threats to Multiple Victims
- Hamilton man accused of making threats and sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- Mississauga Woman Charged with Assault After Parking Lot Scuffle
- Man charged with attempted murder after firing at vehicle in Mississauga
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three employees of Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19