Could Significantly More Jobs Be Coming to Mississauga?
Now, it appears a few more jobs could potentially make their way to the city or surrounding areas in the near future.
The Government of Ontario recently announced that the province has secured more than $1 billion in agreements in Nanjing.
According to the province, Premier Kathleen Wynne recently met with Xinyi Glass Holdings to discuss their commitment to investing in Ontario—the location for a large float glass plant that will be its first North American manufacturing facility.
Xinyi’s planned $450 million investment would create 400 jobs in Ontario.
At a signing ceremony in Nanjing, Ontario and Chinese organizations announced another 32 agreements, which are expected to create more than 700 jobs in Ontario, including:
- Ontario’s Ownace International Group signed a $10 million agreement with Shanghai Golden Wing Industrial to open up China’s East Territory as a market for their Ontario-grown premium food ingredients
- McMaster University entered into a $5 million agreement with Dajiang Environmental Corporation to collaborate in the research, development and commercialization of smart water technology and related sensor technologies. Dajiang will also set up a subsidiary at McMaster Innovation Park focused on research and technology development
- Ontario signed five new agreements with the province of Jiangsu to fuel innovation, collaboration and economic growth in both regions.
Wynne also met with representatives from Toronto-based Geneseeq, a health solutions company that specializes in personalized cancer care. The company reportedly has plans to expand their Ontario headquarters at MaRS, a $15 million investment that could create up to 50 jobs.
The $15 million investment will create an estimated 50 high-value jobs in Ontario.
We'll keep you updated on where specific jobs will be created as more details become available.
- Crews Attending Basement Fire in Mississauga
- Man in Life-Threatening Condition After Being Pulled from Pool in Mississauga
- A New Pop-Up Store is Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing 45 Hate-Related Charges
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets