Could a New Entertainment Experience be Coming to Mississauga?
Do you like movies, games, and fun new technology?
If you answered “yes,” you might be excited to know about this brand new virtual reality experience that IMAX and Cineplex just launched. And if they’ve launched it in one movie theatre chances are, if it’s a success, they might launch it in others, too.
The new IMAX Virtual Reality (VR) Centre (a.k.a. “The Centre”) is a first of its kind virtual reality experience in Canada, and it just opened at the Scotiabank Theatre in downtown Toronto, smack amidst the lobby.
According to a recent statement from Cineplex, The Centre goes big on “immersive, multi-dimensional, virtual reality experiences, including movie entertainment content and games.”
That’s right - movies and games all in one glorious VR escape.
The Centre features 10 futuristic pods and even a Players’ Lounge. In the pods, you can enjoy interactive and movable VR experiences in a “social environment” with experiences that can be single- or multi-user.
In terms of the headset technology, the experiences has 360-degree sound and sophisticated room tracking.
Each multi-dimensional experiences ranges from even to 15 minutes in length, and some of the experiences that are coming to the technology include Ubisoft’s Star Trek: Bridge Crew Rescue at Perseph, Skydance’s Archangel and Justice League: An IMAX VR Exclusive.
“We are excited to be launching Canada’s first IMAX VR Centre at such an iconic location as the Scotiabank Theatre Toronto with our longstanding partner, Cineplex,” said Mark Welton, President, IMAX Theatres. “Together, we look forward to ushering in the next evolution of immersive entertainment and bringing the highly social and interactive IMAX VR experience to audiences in Toronto.”
IMAX VR has already launched in Toronto, but it might get you thinking - is this concept coming to theatres outside of Toronto, too?
The answer is yes! At least, Ottawa is getting a D-BOX VR setup in the near future.
Whether or not IMAX will bring this VR concept to our city next remains to be seen.
In the meantime, if you want to head to Toronto and check it out, click here.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours
- Mississauga’s First Ever Virtual Reality Arcade is Now Open
- Huge Changes Possible for Mississauga Movie Theatres
- Massive New Entertainment Complex Coming to Square One Target Location in Mississauga
- Cineplex Offering a Free Movie Day in October
- You Can Now Get Movie Theatre Popcorn Delivered to Your Home in Mississauga