Could a Cyber Attack on Casino Rama Affect Mississauga Residents?
If you’re a Mississauga resident who visits Casino Rama, there’s a chance your personal information has been compromised.
According to a recent Canadian Press article, the popular Casino Rama resort says its customers, vendors and staff should watch their bank accounts, credit cards and other financial information closely, as the casino has reportedly been the victim of an alleged cyber attack that may have resulted in stolen information.
The CP reports that the casino says customers’ “credit inquiries and collection and debt information were stolen, along with employees’ information, including payroll data, social insurance numbers and dates of birth.”
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission told the news outlet that the attack was site-specific, so customers of other casinos shouldn’t worry.
The incident is currently being investigated.
- Personal health information compromised in LifeLabs hack
- McDonald's Hack Compromises Thousands of People's Personal Information
- Personal Information Leaked After Popular App Experiences Data Breach
- All casinos in Ontario shutting down due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Major GTA Transit Company Targeted in North Korea Cyber Attack
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21