Could a Cyber Attack on Casino Rama Affect Mississauga Residents?
If you’re a Mississauga resident who visits Casino Rama, there’s a chance your personal information has been compromised.
According to a recent Canadian Press article, the popular Casino Rama resort says its customers, vendors and staff should watch their bank accounts, credit cards and other financial information closely, as the casino has reportedly been the victim of an alleged cyber attack that may have resulted in stolen information.
The CP reports that the casino says customers’ “credit inquiries and collection and debt information were stolen, along with employees’ information, including payroll data, social insurance numbers and dates of birth.”
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission told the news outlet that the attack was site-specific, so customers of other casinos shouldn’t worry.
The incident is currently being investigated.
- Long-Standing Seafood Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Driver Caught Travelling at Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Here’s How the Trudeau Government Will Help Millennial Homebuyers in Mississauga
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Mississauga Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Top 5 Most Expensive Restaurants in Mississauga
- McDonald's Hack Compromises Thousands of People's Personal Information
- Personal Information Leaked After Popular App Experiences Data Breach
- Major Car Company Reports Data Breach That May Affect Over 1 Million Customers
- Major GTA Transit Company Targeted in North Korea Cyber Attack
- Do You Know How to Protect Your Personal Information?