Costco launches same-day delivery service
Costco and Instacart have announced they have joined forces to provide a delivery service for the bulk supplier.
The new delivery service will offer same-day delivery from 76 Costco warehouses across Canada.
The collaboration brings Costco’s broad selection of groceries, pantry staples and household essentials directly from the store to the customer’s door in as little as two hours.
Canadian consumers can now shop from Costco’s wide assortment of items including fresh produce, meat and seafood, snacks, deli, frozen goods, baby and pet essentials, and more on the Instacart marketplace with or without a Costco membership.
Additionally, the two companies have also launched Costco’s new Canadian member-only website--built and powered by Instacart Enterprise--featuring member benefits and access to same-day delivery via Instacart.
“Grocery delivery has become essential for millions, and we’re proud to make same-day delivery from Costco available to even more Canadians. Now, through the Instacart marketplace and Costco’s new member website, families across Canada can get the groceries and goods they need, delivered to their door in a matter of hours,” Andrew Nodes, vice president of Retail for Instacart, said in a news release. “We want to help retailers reach their customers when, where and how they want to shop. With this launch, we’re extending the reach of Costco in Canada and making it possible for Costco members and non-members alike to access same-day delivery of Costco’s broad selection of groceries and goods.”
”With Instacart, we can bring even more benefits of a Costco membership to our valued members,” said Pierre Riel, senior vice president and Country Manager for Costco Wholesale Canada, said in the same release. ”Instacart delivery will help us serve more families than ever before and we see this new offering as a great complement to our 2-Day Grocery Delivery service that launched in 2018.”
- Another Major Store Could Soon Deliver Groceries in Mississauga
- Costco limiting number of items customers can purchase at one time to prevent hoarding
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton