Concrete Canvas fest highlights mural artists with paintings and shows throughout Hamilton
Published July 21, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Hamilton is set to get a bit brighter this weekend as new art pieces begin to adorn the city with Concrete Canvas, a tour of the city showcasing mural artists at work.
Form July 18 to 24, nearly 40 artists and art crews are painting murals on city buildings. They are hosting a self-guided tour around Hamilton to help residents and travellers alike explore the city while watching a fest for the eyes unfold for free.
The show are currently exhibiting all across the city from Westdale to Crown Point East. The murals at these locations are being painted by both locally and internationally renowned painters working in a variety of medium and genre styles.
The festival is “an effort to elevate the visual landscape of the city while simultaneously inspiring a new generation of artists,” Concrete Canvas said, working closely with the city to accomplish this goal.
While inspire by similar music shows in Toronto and Montreal, Concrete Canvas stands unique among its peers as a visual arts festival, “that brings the Hamilton community together to celebrate art, music, culture, and diversity over one weekend,” per the show.
The show is the brainchild of founder Leon Robinson, a multi-talented painter, rapper, photographer and filmmaker.
Three show will also be held at Woodlands Park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The festival features 39 murals including;
- Anthony Haley at Keddy Trail (Access near Main St)
- Aper at 30 Wilson St
- Bacon at 21 Rebecca St
- Bacon/Whyspr at 784 Concession St
- Ben Johnston at 1019 King St W
- Birdo at 25 Dundurn St N
- Cam Harap at Keddy Trail (Trail Entrance)
- Chris Perez at 1275 King St E
- Clear Eyes Collective at 414 Barton St E
- Crime at 27 Hess St S
- Dems & Doll at 514 Cannon St E
- Excel at 30 Wilson St
- Flown at 440 King St W
- Golden at 92 Barton St E
- Haks & Nemo at 737 Barton St E
- Horus at 30 Wilson St
- Jaime Janx at 21 Rebecca St
- Kyle Joedicke at 829 Fennel Ave E Luv
- Sumone at 525 Mohawk Rd. E
- Michael Byers at 907 Barton St E
- Monk-E at 10 Cannon St E
- Mr Myl at TBA
- Oblsk at 519 Upper Sherman E
- Peru at 20 Wilson St
- Poser at 737 Barton St E
- Sight at 30 Wilson St
- Silent at Woodlands Park (Barton St E)
- Steam at 24 Hess St South
- Sugarbones at 1256 King St E
- ABL Crew at 859 King St E
- ACK Crew at 521 Wilson St
- ALTR/SNORE Crew at 236 Brucedale Ave E
- BUDS Crew at 92 Barton St E
- CFA Crew at 997 Cannon St E
- DBS Crew at 217 King St W
- GH Crew at Keddy Trail North
- KTA Crew at Beasley Park
- MEDIA Crew at 27 Hess St S
- OPS Crew at 1256 King st E
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising