Company bringing 500 new jobs to Mississauga
On Oct. 16, provincial and city officials appeared alongside Ronnie Miller, the president and CEO of Roche Pharmaceuticals Canada, to announce a new investment that's expected to create about 500 new jobs in Mississauga over a three-year period.
At the press conference, Miller announced that Roche plans to invest $500 million over five years to establish a Global Pharma Technical Operations site to oversee its global supply chain in Mississauga.
The investment is expected to create 500 jobs -- 200 by the end of 2020 and up to 300 more by the end of 2023.
“This investment is further proof that Ontario has the best environment for jobs and opportunity, and that we are leaders in the creation of life-saving medicines, treatments, and medical equipment,” said Ford in a statement.
“Roche’s new operation hub in Mississauga will further anchor Ontario’s position as a titan in life sciences, creating good-paying jobs in the community, and ensuring Ontario’s best and brightest minds advance the important work Roche does to transform health care here in our province and beyond.”
The province says the new site will be responsible for supporting Hoffmann-La Roche Limited’s global manufacturing and supply chain operations. In 2012, Roche Canada established Mississauga as a product development site, overseeing clinical trials both in Canada and globally. The Ontario government says province won out over 12 international locations and Roche sites to secure the new investment.
According to the province, Roche is the world’s largest biotech company and a world leader in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system.
“I want to thank Roche for this significant investment in our city that will not only create hundreds of highly skilled jobs but position Mississauga on the road to recovery,” said Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement.
“As home to Canada’s second-largest Life Sciences sector, I couldn’t be more proud that Roche has chosen to expand its operations in Mississauga. This investment will help bring new innovative products to patients in Canada and around the world and is yet another example of how innovation thrives in Mississauga.”
- Over 200 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
- Mississauga-Based Company Getting Huge Boost from Provincial Government
- Tech company setting up shop in Mississauga, creating 500 new jobs
- Mississauga's Trillium Health Partners About to Create New Jobs and Make Life Easier for Patients
- Over 700 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted while trying to break up birthday party