Coming snowstorm shuts down Mississauga schools today
All schools in Mississauga are closed today in expectation of a coming snow storm.
While streets were still clear as of 8:30 a.m., both the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board decided to cancel classes in anticipation of 15 cm of snow that Environment Canada says will hit most of the GTA beginning later this morning.
To go along with the school closures, all school bus transportation has also been shut down.
Students in all grades will be expected to continue classes remotely and both boards suggest students go to their school's website for further details.
- Coming snowstorm shuts down Brampton schools today
- Peel District School Board provides update on when and how Mississauga students will return to school
- School buildings and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today
- Public and Catholic School boards in Mississauga and Brampton calling for closure of schools
- Mississauga School Closures to be Aware of Today
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases