Collisions and Diesel Spill Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of some problems taking place this morning on Highway 401 in Mississauga.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported around 11:15 a.m. that a few transport and tow trucks were involved in separate collisions on the highway.
Delays are affecting both directions primarily on the westbound side, just west of Mavis.
In addition, a diesel spill on the highway is also causing traffic, Schmidt reports.
Officers are on scene working to clear traffic and reopen lanes.
If possible, residents may want to avoid taking the highway for now.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- PHOTOS: 23,000 Litres of Diesel Fuel Spilled on Highway in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Rollover Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Collision on Highway 401 Westbound Causing Major Delays In Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga