Collisions and Diesel Spill Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of some problems taking place this morning on Highway 401 in Mississauga.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported around 11:15 a.m. that a few transport and tow trucks were involved in separate collisions on the highway.
Delays are affecting both directions primarily on the westbound side, just west of Mavis.
In addition, a diesel spill on the highway is also causing traffic, Schmidt reports.
Officers are on scene working to clear traffic and reopen lanes.
If possible, residents may want to avoid taking the highway for now.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Peel Police Find Missing Mississauga Woman
- Police Seeking Public's Help in Locating Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Top 5 Filipino Restaurants in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga