College with Mississauga campus optimistic that classes will resume in the fall
Sheridan College, which operates campuses in Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville, is "optimistic" that students will be back in class in the fall.
That said, the college is preparing for a range of scenarios amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We're optimistic that a return to on-campus classes will be possible but are working on contingency plans that include remote learning and staggered access to campus," said Dr. Janet Morrison, President and Vice-Chancellor of Sheridan College, in a statement.
Sheridan says planning is underway by several task force teams and that the college will be ready to deliver its programs in the fall, including internships, co-op and applied research opportunities.
The college says it will continue to follow public health protocols and provincial directives to protect people's health and safety.
Sheridan says faculty members, curriculum specialists, librarians, student support staff, technicians and more are collaborating to ensure that high-quality fall programs will be available regardless of whether all learning can happen in class or not.
"Students will be able to study in their chosen fields and learn from professors who are the best in the business," said Morrison.
"Our professors are dedicated educators and professionals who hold themselves accountable to the highest standards. Beyond that - what makes Sheridan so special is its character. As a community, we're resilient and courageous. We're mentally tough. We're fun and creative. And above all else - we care about our students and each other."
Sheridan says it has transitioned its services and business operations and that staff are working remotely to offer supports including personal counselling, career advising, assistance with assignments and citation, tutoring, and tips on time management and more.
Students are still able to register for available programs and even take virtual campus tours.
Cover photo courtesy of Sheridan College
- Sheridan College taking steps to assist community amid pandemic
- Sheridan College retooling curriculum to accommodate online learning
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Sheridan College to temporarily close in wake of COVID-19 outbreak
- Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- When the Mississauga City Centre Was Built