Cold weather alert in effect for Mississauga
The City of Mississauga recently released an extreme cold weather warning.
The city says that temperatures in Mississauga are set to drop below -20 today (Feb. 16) with the wind chill.
"Please take care if you are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin," the city said on its website.
According to the city, services are available to support at-risk individuals and the homeless in Mississauga, including free hot meals and shower access, and the Region of Peel Street Helpline.
Residents are advised to dress in layers, limit time outdoors, drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol and caffeine), check on vulnerable friends and family members and keep pets indoors.
- No Pfizer until mid July for adults in Mississauga and Brampton
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- Two Mississauga 16-year-olds arrested for burning Pride flag
- Hamilton mayor called out by doctors over Board of Health comments