Cold weather alert in effect for Mississauga
The City of Mississauga recently released an extreme cold weather warning.
The city says that temperatures in Mississauga are set to drop below -20 today (Feb. 16) with the wind chill.
"Please take care if you are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin," the city said on its website.
According to the city, services are available to support at-risk individuals and the homeless in Mississauga, including free hot meals and shower access, and the Region of Peel Street Helpline.
Residents are advised to dress in layers, limit time outdoors, drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol and caffeine), check on vulnerable friends and family members and keep pets indoors.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month
- Nine Mississauga condos in three different neighbourhoods are growing in value