Cold alert issued for Hamilton
Hamilton residents should be cautious tonight as temperatures are expected to drop considerably.
The Medical Officer of Health has issued a cold alert for Hamilton, effective overnight (February 7 to 8).
A cold alert is issued when current or anticipated weather conditions are at or below -15 degrees Celsius (or -20 degrees Celsius with wind chill). Environment Canada is forecasting -15 degrees Celsius tonight.
During a cold alert, residents are advised to stay indoors. Those who must be outside should:
- Dress in layers of clothing. Keep inner layers dry. Wet clothing increases the risk of cold injury.
- Protect your face, ears and hands with a scarf, hat, and gloves.
- To protect your feet, socks must be dry. Wool is a good material to keep your feet dry.
- Drink warm fluids, but avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Swiss Chalet set to re-open in Mississauga after closing down for a while
- Killer rapist Paul Bernardo faces parole hearing today; victim families opposed
- Mississauga teens arrested for burning Pride flag