CLOSURE: Airport Road Restaurant Shut Down in Mississauga
Peel Region has closed down a restaurant in Mississauga following a health inspection that failed to pass muster.
Asian Sweets and Restaurant, located on 7148 Airport Road, was inspected and closed on Thursday, March 2, 2017.
Peel Public Health maintains that the restaurant did not properly store food to prevent contamination and did not provide adequate protection against pests, posing critical safety risks.
Other reasons for the closure include improperly washed/sanitized utensils, poor housekeeping practices, and lack of a valid food handler certification.
The restaurant passed two previous inspections on Aug 10, 2016 and Nov. 21, 2016. However, both previous inspections revealed some unsanitary conditions, inadequate pest protection and issues with foods being stored at correct temperatures.
The restaurant is currently still closed.
For more info on all health inspections in Peel, click here.
- Man Tears up Quran at Recent School Board Meeting in Mississauga
- Housing in Mississauga and GTA Could Climb Another 25% This Year
- 5 Best Under the Radar Chinese Takeout in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Woman Carjacked at Gunpoint and Suspect on the Loose in Mississauga
- Mississauga City Council's Expenses Shows Interesting Spending Items
- A Few Mississauga Restaurants Were Recently Dinged by Health Inspectors
- 2016 Temporary Health-Related Restaurant Closures in Mississauga
- Health Code Violations in Mississauga - January 30 to February 3
- Health Code Violations in Mississauga - Jan 16-20
- Health Code Violations in Mississauga - January 23 to 27