Clarington celebrates Family Day
Published February 17, 2023 at 9:58 am
For the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began, the Municipality of Clarington is ready to celebrate Family Day long weekend with a full slate of activities for all ages.
Residents can enjoy the holiday by getting active at several Clarington recreation facilities including:
Drop-in Skating at South Courtice Arena (1595 Prestonvale Rd., Courtice)
- Noon to 12:50 p.m. – Adult leisure skate
- 1 to 1:50 p.m. – Parent and Tot skate
- 2 to 2:50 p.m. – Parent and Tot stick and puck skate
- 3 to 4:45 p.m. – Public skate
Drop-in Swimming at Diane Hamre Recreation Complex (1780 Rudell Rd., Newcastle)
- Noon to 1:30 p.m. – Lane swim (the whirlpool and sauna will be open for ages 18
- and up)
- 2 to 4:30 p.m. – Public Swim Main and Tot Pool (the whirlpool and sauna will be
- open for ages 18 and up)
Free Family Day activities at Bowmanville Indoor Soccer Facility (2375 Baseline Rd.
- 9 to 9:30 a.m. – Family Boot Camp
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. – Family Fun Fitness Class
- 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. – Family Open Play
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. – Adult Driving Range Practice
There will also be an entire weekend of Family Day entertainment and attractions taking place across Clarington, including:
Winter WonderLearn at the Clarington Library
The 20th annual Winter WonderLearn festival runs from Friday, February 17, to Monday, February 20, at various branches of the Clarington Library. Children and their families can play and learn with an entire weekend of workshops and activities hosted by Clarington Library Museums and Archives.
You can also enjoy the great outdoors and explore Clarington’s natural beauty with a family walk on a local trail or at Darlington Provincial Park.
Cheering on local athletes at the 1st Josh Bailey Classic, presented by the Clarington Toros, is another option. The three-day tournament is named in honour of the Bowmanville NHLer who has suited up for more than 1,000 games with the New York Islanders.
Hockey teams from all over will take over the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex, South Courtice Arena and Darlington Sports Centre from Friday, February 17, to Sunday, February 19, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sports fans can also make a racket for the athletes at the Clarington Squash Open at Alan Strike Aquatic and Squash Centre. The tournament runs from Saturday, February 18, to Sunday, February 19, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising