City of Mississauga will hold a virtual Remembrance Day ceremony
Although Remembrance Day won’t be marked by its usual in-person ceremonies and parades, residents will still be able to mark the occasion virtually.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that residents can join city officials online for a virtual Remembrance Day ceremony this week.
The ceremony will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020, from 10:40 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Those who cannot tune in to watch the ceremony can commemorate the day in other ways.
Museums of Mississauga Programs and Events
Museums of Mississauga is offering virtual and in-person programs throughout the fall and into 2021.
- Online Speakers Series - offered throughout November 2020.
- WAR Flowers: A Touring Art Exhibition - on display at the Living Arts Centre through to December 13, 2020.
- Our Boys: Mississauga's Fallen Soldiers 1914-1918 - on display at the Bradley Museum from September 3, 2020 to January 10, 2021.
Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day
Canadian Forces veterans and their companion can ride MiWay for free on Remembrance Day. Veterans should wear items such as uniforms, medals or carry items that identify them as veterans to transit operators.
As a mark of respect to Canadian veterans, all transit operators will stop their buses for two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. on Nov. 11.
- Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Can Ride the Bus for Free on Remembrance Day
- Here’s What’s Happening for Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- Here’s Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- MiWay offering free transit to veterans later this month in Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga