City of Mississauga ranked as one of Canada’s best employers
The City of Mississauga has been named one of Canada's top employees according to a recent report.
At least 500 employees from more than 8,000 Canadian employers were surveyed as part of the Forbes' Canada’s Best Employers 2021 list.
According to the results, the City of Mississauga was ranked in the top three per cent of Government Services organizations in Canada and among the top 10 per cent of all 300 companies receiving recognition.
"The fact that the City of Mississauga has once again been acknowledged as a leading Canadian employer is a meaningful achievement. It is truly a reflection of the City's outstanding leadership especially during this time of uncertainty and unprecedented challenges," Mayor Bonnie Crombie said in a news release.
"It is thanks to our staff, our greatest asset, and their ability to pivot, shift and deliver innovative ideas that the City has such a positive work culture that is helping attract and retain top talent," she continued.
The list featured companies and corporations across Canada, including a number of Mississauga-based businesses who also received a number of accolades and recommendations.
Among the other companies recognized on the list were Rexall, and Sanofi Canada.
"I am very pleased that our employees are so proud and think so highly of the City of Mississauga as an employer, especially during this time of COVID-19, that we continue to rank among the leading national employers in Canada," Paul Mitcham, city manager and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) with the City of Mississauga, said in the same release.
"At the City, we've been able to attract and retain a talented workforce by offering a total compensation package which includes competitive salaries and benefits, career development, corporate recognition, learning opportunities, and training. We also promote a culture of work-life balance, a supportive and positive environment with growth opportunities. As responsible leaders, we're also committed to furthering equity, diversity, inclusion, and wellness in our workplace," he continued.
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- 19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
- Multiple Mississauga-based companies make prestigious best employers list
- Mississauga ranked 10th-best city for youth to live, most eco-friendly city: report
- Paul Mitcham chosen as Mississauga’s new City Manager
- Moderna will be the only vaccine used until mid July in Mississauga and Brampton for adults
- Maxmillion lotto prizes won in Mississauga, Burlington, Milton and jackpot in Toronto
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Today more Mississauga and Brampton residents now eligible to book accelerated second vaccine dose