City of Mississauga Hosts Contest with Very Exciting Prizes
While not everyone associates Mississauga with tourism, it's important to remember that, with our close proximity to renowned Toronto attractions and a few commendable hotspots of our own, we are becoming a city worth exploring.
For that reason, the City of Mississauga is hosting a pretty fun contest—with some genuinely impressive prizes—that will allow residents to share their favourite spots in the city.
The recently launched Your Favourite Spot Contest asks those who call Mississauga home to share their favourite spot in the city for a chance to win one of 14 Ultimate Travel Prize Packs worth up to $500. The winner's pick will also be featured in the 2018 Mississauga Visitor Guide.
"Mississauga is a great place to visit with endless ways to enjoy our city: walking along the waterfront, going to an outdoor festival, sampling international cuisine, or a fantastic day of shopping," the city says. "Nobody knows Mississauga better than the people that live here and the 2018 Mississauga Visitor Guide (which will be available in hotels and tourists information centres across North America) needs your help to discover the local favourite spots that visitors must see while they are here."
You can enter the contest here.
So, what prize packs can you win?
- Use of a Hershey Centre private suite to one Mississauga Steelheads' home game scheduled in the 2017/2018 regular season (the prize includes 12 Hershey Centre branded sunglasses and 12 earbuds) with a Mississauga Sports Council Hardcover book “Birth to Millennium Mississauga’s Sports Heritage" ($550 value).
- An overnight stay at The Waterside Inn with breakfast for two the next morning in the Breakwater Restaurant and two rounds of golf (with a power cart) at Lakeview Golf Course ($439 value).
- An &Company Resto Bar gift card for dinner, a Mississauga Symphony Orchestra ticket voucher for two tickets with an MSO branded golf shirt and MSO CD and an Erin Mills Town Centre gift card ($330 value).
Other prize packs include gift cards to popular restaurants and cafes, Old Credit Brewing (Mississauga's very own craft beer hot spot), museums and hotels.
There are a bunch more available that you can check out here.
So there you have it. If you have a favourite spot in mind, you might want to share it with the world and, hopefully, win a prize in the process.
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Celebrating Exciting Lotto Win
- Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
- Erin Mills Town Centre Launches Contest for Canada 150
- Feds Launch National Photo Contest for Canada's Hidden Gems
- You Can Now Buy Travel Gift Cards from a Popular Airline
- Mississauga Resident Takes Home Large Lottery Cash Prize
- Mississauga's Erin Mills Town Centre VS Brampton's Bramalea City Centre