City of Mississauga Employee Celebrating Huge Lotto Win
Christmas has come early for a very lucky Mississauga resident who is ringing in the holidays with a substantial lotto win.
OLG recently announced that David Dreager won $100,000 with Encore (November 25, 2017 Lottario draw).
"I've been a regular lottery player for 25 years and I always say 'Yes' to Encore," Dreager told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I check my tickets every couple weeks, so I usually have quite a few tickets to scan. This time, the winning ticket was the last of the pile!"
OLG said Dreager was in disbelief when he realized he'd won.
"I scanned that ticket again because I just couldn't believe it," he said. "Then I took my ticket straight to the clerk to have It validated. When the terminal froze and I saw the prize amount on the validation slip, I was elated!"
Despite his big win, it was business as usual for David.
"I continued to work and didn't tell anyone - except my bank!"
The City of Mississauga employee is planning to some traveling now.
"I have a special little girl in my life that has never been to Disneyland. I also love wine country so a trip to California to do some wine tours would be fun."
Saving for the future is also a priority.
"This win is life-changing. I now have a long-term savings plan. I'm excited and optimistic for the future and what it holds for me."
The winning ticket was purchased at Meadowvale Ticket Centre on Meadowvale Town Centre Circle in Mississauga.
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Health care association urging province to impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses