City launches online COVID-19 portal for Mississauga businesses
Mississauga business owners who want up to date information on what supports are available to them can now access an online portal that will, ideally, help them navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
Last week, the city announced that Mississauga's Economic Development Office launched a web portal that will provide businesses with the latest information on government updates, relief packages and services offered by the city.
The page also includes a COVID-19 Business Relief Portal, which is a self-selection tool that helps identify relief programs and incentives that best apply to specific business needs and links to the government source of support.
According to the city, it also includes information on employee support, financial assistance and upcoming webinars and training sessions that are offered by the city. The webinars will touch on a range of topics, including building online/e-commerce platforms to help local businesses mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19.
"We understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on local businesses. Many are concerned about how they will weather this economic storm. Our city has taken measures where possible, such as deferring taxes to reduce financial stress during this challenging time. Our Economic Development Office is equipped and ready to support our businesses, small and large, with one-on-one support," said Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement.
"We will continue to consult with our Economic Development Advisory Board as this situation unfolds and support local manufacturers interested in retooling their operations to produce essential medical supplies needed to battle this virus."
The city says Crombie and city councillors will continue to meet virtually with members of Mississauga's Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB) to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the local economy, as well as possible solutions to this economic challenge.
The Economic Development Office is virtually operational and can be accessed by phone at 905-896-5016. It's open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
To view the portal, click here.
- City launches free webinars for Mississauga businesses affected by COVID-19
- Here’s How the City of Mississauga Has Been Helping Businesses Get Through COVID-19
- Mississauga offers tools and support for local small businesses
- Small businesses are encouraged to apply for new Ontario COVID-19 support grant
- Here’s how Mississauga businesses can get support during COVID-19 restrictions
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26