City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
The City of Mississauga will be slapping a contractor with a fine following the release of a video showing a snow plow carelessly taking out garbage bins on a Mississauga street during the most recent snowfall.
Shortly after the Sunday, Dec. 1 snowstorm rocked the GTA, popular Instagram account 6ixBuzztv shared a video that showed a snow plow hitting garbage bins along a residential street in Mississauga.
The video can be seen here.
The city has since confirmed that the footage was captured in Mississauga.
"Snow plow operators are required to avoid recycling/garbage bins, and to operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner. The driving behaviour in the subject video is unacceptable to the city," a spokesperson for the city’s Works Operations and Maintenance Division said in an email to insauga.com.
"We have identified the street and confirmed this is one of the city’s contractors. The contractor will be fined and the contractor’s operator removed from the contracted service," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson also said the city will work with affected residents and the Region of Peel to replace any damaged bins.
The cost to replace any damaged bins will be covered by the contractor.
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga