City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
A Mississauga city councillor is furious about a fire that appears to have been deliberately set in an unopened sports field in Mississauga.
On April 6, Ward 2 Councillor Karen Ras took to Facebook to share a photo of a burned patch of grass in a sports field in the Royal Windsor Dr. and Winston Churchill Blvd. area.
The sports field, which also contains a track, is adjacent to Clarkson Secondary School.
"What the heck is wrong with people? Some idiots thought it would be ‘fun’ to set fire to our new Clarkson Field and Track adjacent to Clarkson Secondary School," Ras wrote on Facebook.
"This amazing community asset (not yet opened) has been in the works for years and is a joint project by the city and Peel District School Board."
Ras says the incident happened on the night of Saturday, April 5.
Anyone who knows anything about the incident is urged to contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311.
Cover photo courtesy of Karen Ras
- What's Happening with this Mississauga High School Sports Field?
- New Soccer Field Coming to City Centre
- New Sports Dome and Facility Coming to Mississauga
- Investigation Reveals Cause of Fire at Port Credit Secondary in Mississauga
- One-day strike will cause Peel board secondary school closures next week
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga