City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
A Mississauga city councillor is furious about a fire that appears to have been deliberately set in an unopened sports field in Mississauga.
On April 6, Ward 2 Councillor Karen Ras took to Facebook to share a photo of a burned patch of grass in a sports field in the Royal Windsor Dr. and Winston Churchill Blvd. area.
The sports field, which also contains a track, is adjacent to Clarkson Secondary School.
"What the heck is wrong with people? Some idiots thought it would be ‘fun’ to set fire to our new Clarkson Field and Track adjacent to Clarkson Secondary School," Ras wrote on Facebook.
"This amazing community asset (not yet opened) has been in the works for years and is a joint project by the city and Peel District School Board."
Ras says the incident happened on the night of Saturday, April 5.
Anyone who knows anything about the incident is urged to contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311.
Cover photo courtesy of Karen Ras
- What's Happening with this Mississauga High School Sports Field?
- New Soccer Field Coming to City Centre
- New Sports Dome and Facility Coming to Mississauga
- Investigation Reveals Cause of Fire at Port Credit Secondary in Mississauga
- One-day strike will cause Peel board secondary school closures next week
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga