City closing facilities, cancelling programs as Mississauga enters lockdown
With Peel going back into lockdown on Monday, the city is reminding residents about what to expect in terms of public city facilities and recreational programs.
With the exception of City Hall, all public city facilities will be closed (or continue to be closed) from November 23 to December 20, including:
- City community centres, including pools, fitness centres and arenas
- Cultural facilities: Small Arms Building, Living Arts Centre & Meadowvale Theatre (both currently closed for audience performances under Red-Control level) and Museums of Mississauga
In some cases, access will be allowed for permitted services (such as library, childcare services, filming and broadcasting).
All indoor in-person recreation programs including pools and fitness as well as arts and dance programs will be cancelled as of Monday, November 23.
City memberships affected by the current closure include:
- All-in Membership
- Fit Membership
- Fit+ Membership
- Swim Membership
- Seniors Centre membership
- Walking track membership
- Wellness membership
Additionally, all indoor facility rentals have been cancelled up until December 20, 2020 (with minimal exceptions).
The city says a credit will automatically be placed on your account for the value of any missed classes due to COVID-19 closures and any indoor facility bookings that have already been made. Refunds can be requested via ActiveMississauga.
More information is available at the city’s website.
- Mississauga adjusting, cancelling some city programs as Peel transitions into Red-Control Level
- Mississauga suspending some city programs due to new COVID-19 restrictions
- What's CLOSED and OPEN during lockdown in Mississauga
- City of Mississauga announces plan to close City Hall
- Here’s when community centres will reopen to the public in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard