Cineplex Offering a Free Movie Day in October
Have you been dying to check out a movie or two but have refrained because the holidays are approaching (once Thanksgiving hits, it's basically Christmas) and you need to save your pennies? If so, you might be very pleased to hear that a free movie event could be coming to a theatre near you.
Cineplex recently released a Save the Date for its annual Community Day.
Participating theatres (you might want to call ahead to ensure your closest location is involved) will host free movie screenings on Saturday, Oct. 14.
While specific details have yet to be released, the theatre chain is promising significant savings on popcorn, drinks and candy, so moviegoers can look forward to a big break on concessions. There will also be a special Scene point offer.
The event is being held in partnership with the WE Charity, an organization that's working with the theatre brand to "to empower young Canadians to make a positive difference in their local communities and around the world."
Keep in mind that only select movies at select times will be free and that seating is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Stay tuned to this website for more details on participating theatres and free movie showtimes.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga