Cineplex closing theatres until April
Cineplex has announced it will be temporarily closing its facilities for the foreseeable future.
Starting March 16, all theatres and location-based entertainment venues across Canada will be closed until at least April 2.
After April 2, Cineplex will reassess whether it is safe to reopen its facilities.
The decision comes shortly after Cineplex initially announced it would be remaining open to the public, albeit while taking extra precautionary measures.
However, the about-face comes after Christine Elliott, Minister of Health, requested the closure of all recreational programs and libraries, private schools, daycares, churches and other faith settings, as well as bars and restaurants, except those that may only offer takeout or delivery.
- Cineplex to keep its theatres doors closed for the foreseeable future
- Suspicious Attacks Prompt Cineplex to Pull Film From Theatres Again
- Cineplex to stick with optional face masks policy, as U.S. theatres reconsider
- Cheap Tickets Coming to Cineplex Theatres in Mississauga
- Cineplex’s takeover by U.K.-based Cineworld approved by shareholders
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault