Cineplex Calling on Local Youths to Make Movies
Are you a young aspiring filmmaker?
If you are, we have good news for you.
Cineplex recently announced that it's launching a video contest exclusively for Canadian youths. The competition, run by Cineplex and SCENE, is open to 14-18 year-olds and invites participants to submit a short video to the Beyond 150 contest.
The subject? What your contribution would be to the Canadian film industry or movie-going experience.
Cineplex says the submissions should showcase, in a unique and creative way, the entrant’s creativity and originality in what he or she is going to do to make movies "more awesome!"
Contestants will have the chance to win 25,000 SCENE points, have their film screened during the Pre-Show at Cineplex’s network of 164 theatres across Canada, as well as host an exclusive film screening party for their family and friends.
“Every year we support over 20 local and international film festivals and contribute millions of dollars to support the film industry in Canada through partnerships with great organizations like the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, the Canadian Film Centre, the Toronto International Film Festival and Canada’s Walk of Fame,” said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex. “The Beyond 150 contest shines a spotlight on our home-grown Canadian talent, and as a Canadian company and a proud supporter of the arts, there has never been a better time to do just that.”
For contest rules and more details, click here.
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25