Cineplex announces it will remain open despite spread of COVID-19
Despite the fact many other entertaining organizations have begun to cancel events—including the NBA, NHL, and MLB, Cineplex has announced, at least for the time being, it will continue serving the public.
In a news release, Ellis Jacob, president and CEO of Cineplex, announced the company is has put in place plans and training protocols to ensure moviegoers won’t be at risk of catching COVID-19.
Additionally, Cineplex has adopted more stringent sanitation measures, including:
- Introducing enhanced cleaning protocols in all of our locations, with a particular focus on high traffic and high contact areas. Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we use are industrial-grade and food-service approved
- Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures
“We are committed to providing comfortable and safe entertainment experiences at our theatre circuit and locations of The Rec Room and Playdium across the country,” Jacob said in the release.
Additionally, in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus, Jacob announced Cineplex employees will not be financially penalized if they need to stay home due to illness.
Further, Cineplex is urging anyone with symptoms including coughing, fever, and trouble breathing, to refrain from attending the cinema.
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- When the Mississauga City Centre Was Built