Christmas Day in Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Welland, Lincoln and what’s open and closed
Published December 25, 2022 at 4:23 am
Christmas in St. Catharines, Welland, Lincoln and Niagara Region falls on Sunday, Dec. 25, 2022.
With it falling on the weekend, it makes things a little trickier as Monday is now Boxing Day but Tuesday, Dec. 27 will also be a lieu holiday for many since Christmas fell on the weekend.
As well, with Boxing Day falling on Monday, it will likely affect most of Niagara’s municipalities when it comes to garbage and recycling collection.
However, here is the list for Christmas Day.
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba
- Most convenience stores and gas stations, including those with convenience stores attached
- Some Shoppers Drug Marts (call ahead)
- Most restaurants will be open, especially in Niagara Falls but call ahead to be sure. Many will have delayed hours, choosing to open mid-afternoon
- Movie theatres will be open throughout Niagara Region
- Most Niagara Falls family-oriented tourist attractions though call ahead
Niagara Falls OPG Winter Festival of Lights
- All LCBOs and Beer Stores
- All major grocery stores, such as Fortino’s, Longo’s, Walmart, Great Canadian Superstores, Metro and Zehrs
- All 60-plus wineries and 20 craft breweries
- Government offices
- All City and Town Halls
- All St Catharines and Welland malls but because Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake are tourist designated, some of their malls may be open – best to call ahead
- Community Centres
- Community Recycling Centres
- Transit in St Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland will be running on holiday hours
- There will be eight GO Train runs between Toronto (Union) and Niagara Falls on Christmas – half express, half involving a transfer. See https://www.gotransit.com/ for times