Chic new Spanish bar and restaurant coming to Mississauga
Restaurants might be closed for in-house dining right now, but 2021 will almost certainly be better for everyone and when it's safe to eat indoors, a new restaurant that will be the first of its kind in Mississauga will be open.
Recently, Chef Humberto Sanchez, who is known for creating incredible dishes at The Wilcox, announced that he'll be opening the city's first paella-focused restaurant in early 2021.
"I love Mississauga and I believe we have great restaurants, but having said that, the city needs a vibrant [Paella] and Spanish place to eat at," Sanchez said in an email to insauga.com.
Bar Catalina, which will specialize in tapas, paella, grilled meats, fish and more, is taking shape in the east end of Port Credit on Lakeshore Rd.
"Let yourself be carried away by the uplifting rhythms of Spanish music with family and friends and enjoy the same atmosphere that you can find in your favourite bar in Spain," the restaurant's website reads.
Sanchez, a Venezuelan-born chef who has been featured on the Food Network’s Chopped Canada and Fire Masters, has a ton of experience crafting paella and is excited to bring the classic Spanish dish to local diners.
"Having worked at The Wilcox, I have decided to create more amazing experiences in the city. We will be the only restaurant in the city making the Spanish staple," he said.
Sanchez currently operates Paelleros, a catering company that provide paellas for an array of occasions.
The restaurant is slated to open in winter 2021.
- Highly anticipated restaurant openings in Mississauga for 2021
- Mississauga Chef Set to Compete on Brand New Food Network Show
- Chef from restaurant in Italy opens unique new restaurant in Mississauga
- Celebrity Chef Massimo to Open a Restaurant in Mississauga
- Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver to Open a Restaurant in Mississauga
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content