Cherry Blossom Trees To Reach Peak Bloom Next Week
The cherry blossom trees will reach peak bloom very soon!
Residents of Mississauga can visit Kariya Park to see the beautiful and majestic cherry blossoms trees from May 3 to 5, while peak bloom will occur from May 7 to 12. The park is located near Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West.
According to Sakura Steve, a website dedicated to Sakura Cherry Blossoms in High Park, the flowers appear to be healthy and in the late stages of development.
According to the recent blog, the buds have all reached the fourth development stage, while some are in the fifth stage.
The fifth stage is when the florets fully extend from the bud. This means that people can see the very first cherry blossoms this weekend.
The warmer temperature earlier this month helped the cherry trees bloom and get ready to move on to the next stage. However, due to the cold, the earlier prediction date of peak bloom, May 3 to 7, has been pushed back by a week.
"I could see nearly all the buds had their florets partially extended, including many with vibrant, pink bulbs," says Steve Joniak, the owner of Sakura Steve.
Steve Joniak and many other cherry blossom fanatics are excited about this news.
"Looking at all the buds, you can see they are all in slightly different stages with some more ahead than others. This bodes well for an extended bloom since having some open sooner, and others later will allow the viewing time to be extended - as long as we don't get even more rain," says Joniak.
If the current weather stays in the positives, this weekend may be the first chance to see the sakura cherry blossoms in Mississauga!
Will you be visiting the park soon?
Photo courtesy of Sakura In High Park.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Kariya Park Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming This Weekend in Mississauga
- Here’s When the Cherry Blossoms Will Start Blooming in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Here's Exactly When Mississauga's Cherry Blossoms Are Expected to Bloom
- Will the Kariya Park Cherry Blossom Come Out This Year?
- Here’s When Mississauga’s Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming