Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga
According to the city, Mississauga is prepped and ready for winter!
Believe it or not, the city is able to clear:
- 5,600 lane kilometres of roads and on-street bike lanes
- 1,600 lane kilometres of priority sidewalks
- 3,400 bus stops
- 90 kilometres of roadside multi-use trails
- Over 1,000 pedestrian crossings
“As winter weather approaches, our winter crews and fleet will be ready to respond around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie. “We also want our residents to be prepared and to stay safe by driving according to weather conditions. Residents are encouraged to clear their sidewalk and assist those who may need help including seniors and people with disabilities.”
Believe it or not, there is a snow plow tracker you can follow online.
As for how snow clearing works, the city says that roads are salted if snowfall is less than eight centimetres or plowed and salted if snowfall is more than eight centimetres.
Naturally, major roads are cleared first. Once priority roads are dealt with, local residential roads, bus stops, pedestrian crossings and priority sidewalks (such as those around hospitals, schools and major transit routes) are maintained.
Priority sidewalks, bus stops and pedestrian crossings are cleared within 24-36 hours after a snowfall ends.
Residents should avoid parking on the street in the wake of a major snowfall.
Stay safe and enjoy the winter weather, everyone!
Where to get snow clearing updates:
- Follow @MississaugaSnow on Twitter
- Call 3-1-1 (or 905-615-4311 outside city limits)
For more information about snow clearing in the city, visit mississauga.ca/snow.
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Popular Grocery Store Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Crash in Mississauga Leads to Arrest of Four Armed Robbery Suspects
- House of the Week: Magnificent $5.3 Mil Mansion with Tennis Court
- Teen Caught Driving Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Mississauga is Definitely Ready for Snow
- Here’s How Mississauga Intends to Tackle the Snow This Weekend
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
- Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga