Have your streets been snow plowed in Mississauga?
Snow has falling and Mississauga is prepped and ready for winter.
Believe it or not, the city is able to clear:
- 5,600 lane kilometres of roads and on-street bike lanes
- 1,600 lane kilometres of priority sidewalks
- 3,400 bus stops
- 90 kilometres of roadside multi-use trails
- Over 1,000 pedestrian crossings
“As winter weather approaches, our winter crews and fleet will be ready to respond around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie. “We also want our residents to be prepared and to stay safe by driving according to weather conditions. Residents are encouraged to clear their sidewalk and assist those who may need help including seniors and people with disabilities.”
For your convenience, there’s also a snow plow tracker you can follow online.
As for how snow clearing works, the city says that roads are salted if snowfall is less than five centimetres or plowed and salted if snowfall is more than five centimetres.
Naturally, major roads are cleared first. Once priority roads are dealt with, local residential roads, bus stops, pedestrian crossings and priority sidewalks (such as those around hospitals, schools and major transit routes) are maintained.
Priority sidewalks, bus stops and pedestrian crossings are cleared within 24-36 hours after a snowfall ends.
Residents should avoid parking on the street in the wake of a major snowfall.
Stay safe and enjoy the winter weather, everyone!
Where to get snow clearing updates:
- Follow @MississaugaSnow on Twitter
- Call 3-1-1 (or 905-615-4311 outside city limits)
For more information about snow clearing in the city, visit mississauga.ca/snow.
- Mississauga is Definitely Ready for Snow
- How much does it have to snow for roads to be cleared in Mississauga?
- Here’s how much it has to snow for roads to be cleared in Mississauga
- Here’s How Mississauga Intends to Tackle the Snow This Weekend
- Select residents can get help with snow clearing in Mississauga this winter
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga