Charges for Brampton man banned from owning guns after weapons found: police
Published March 24, 2023 at 4:07 pm
A Brampton man banned from owning guns is facing a long list of charges after police say they confiscated a pistol, rifle and shotguns during a medical call.
Just before 2:30 a.m. on Friday (March 24), Peel Regional Police say officers were called to assist Peel Paramedics at a residence in the area of Dixie Rd. and Clark Blvd. in Brampton.
Police say the call was medical-related, but while officers were on the scene they found a number of shotguns in the home.
Investigators say they searched the home and found a 9mm handgun, a .22 calibre rifle, and two 12 gauge shotguns.
Tyler Devarenne, 26, of Brampton has been charged with:
- Possession of firearm (Contrary to Order)
- Unauthorised possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorised possession of firearm two counts
- Careless use or storage – two counts
- Tampering with serial number
- Authorised possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
Police say the accused was bound by a ten-year weapons prohibition as a result of an aggravated assault at the time of his arrest.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact investigators at 905-453-2121, extension 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising