Chapters in City Centre is Shutting Down, Moving Locations
It’s true that Chapters on Rathburn, across the street from Square One, is a popular spot for Mississauga residents. Often a hub for people working away with a coffee at Starbucks or perusing the sale shelves while waiting for a GO bus, some residents might be concerned to learn that Chapters on Rathburn is indeed shutting down.
A Chapters on Rathburn representative confirmed with insauga.com that the location is closing and moving into Square One.
So Chapters won’t be leaving the area for good.
Square One Guest Services confirmed with insauga.com that a brand new, much larger Chapters location will actually open up shop in the mall.
While there is already an Indigo Spirit in the mall, the new Chapters location will reside where Target once stood.
So when you check out the digital maps at the mall, don’t be surprised when you see a sign for a brand new Indigo in the old Target space, listed as “Coming Soon!”
Chapters on Rathburn is slated to close in early 2019, likely in January, the representative confirmed.
While it’s true that much of the old Target Space will be occupied by The Rec Room - which is slated to open sometime in 2019 - the remaining space will be taken over by the new bookstore.
There’s no confirmation yet on what’s taking over the Chapters on Rathburn location.
The ever-evolving, chic mall is getting a ton of exciting new additions in the next few years. We’ll keep you posted on what’s next.
What do you think of Chapters moving into the old Target space at Square One?
- Rumors: Is Chapters Moving into Target in Square One?
- City Centre Chapters Officially Closes and Changes Locations
- 5 Things That Could Replace the Vacant Chapters Near Square One in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Iconic Mississauga Entertainment Institution Shutting Down Soon
- 5 Exciting Stores and Restaurants Opening in Square One Very Soon
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19