Changes coming to recycling in Mississauga this month
If you regularly bring your recyclable household waste to a local Community Recycling Centre (CRC), you should be aware that some changes are set to come into effect this month.
In a news release, the Region of Peel announced that certain CRCs in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon that currently provide extended hours will have a reduced schedule beginning in September.
The region said hours are being reduced to manage costs.
Effective Sept. 8, 2020, extended hours for these locations will be available as follows:
- Battleford CRC - will remain open until 8:00 p.m. every Tuesday.
- Brampton CRC - will remain open until 8:00 p.m. every Wednesday.
- Heart Lake CRC - will remain open until 8:00 p.m. every Thursday.
Extended hours will only be available until the week of Oct. 26.
The region says extended hours at the Fewster CRC will end for the season on Sept. 3, and there are no evening hours as per usual at the Bolton and Caledon CRCs.
CRCs offer residents an opportunity to donate reusable goods, recycle materials and dispose of household hazardous waste and garbage.
Residents are also reminded that for the continued safety of the community and employees, CRCs have implemented measures of physical distancing and have limited the number of vehicles allowed into the CRCs at any one time.
As such, residents should be aware that there may be delays.
- Changes coming to garbage and recycling rules and procedures in Mississauga
- Important change coming to recycling service in Mississauga
- These Mississauga LCBO Locations Are Now Offering Extended Hours
- Some LCBO Locations in Mississauga Offering Extended Hours
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga