Changes Coming to MiWay Later This Month in Mississauga
If you're a regular transit user, there are a few changes coming to MiWay service that you might want to be aware of.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that starting Oct. 23, more improvements and changes are being made as part of the MiWay Five Service Plan (2016-2020). It also announced that some routes are going to be cancelled and replaced.
The city says customers can expect improved GO Transit connections, more frequent service and a new Mississauga Transitway connection on some routes.
As far as cancellations go, the city says 47 Ridgeway Loop will be cancelled and replaced with Route 36 Colonial-Ridgeway. The 305 Streetsville Bancroft will also have reduced morning routing to school due to lower ridership.
"MiWay is continuing to make progress on the MiWay Five Service Plan," said Geoff Marinoff, Director of Transit. "The plan allows for more frequent buses along main corridors and delivers more direct services. The plan is preparing for transit expansion as MiWay prepares for the completion of the Mississauga Transitway and the new light rail line along Hurontario Street."
Major service changes for October 2017 can be seen below:
For more info, click here.
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found