Changes coming to GO and UP Express service in Mississauga
If you regularly use GO or UP Express to get around Mississauga and the GTA, you should be aware that service will be reduced on routes that run through Mississauga in response to reduced ridership.
"Service adjustments, including an impact to UP Express service between Toronto Pearson Airport and Union Station, are meant to better align with how people are currently using the transit network," Metrolinx said in a recent blog post.
"These changes are the latest moves by Metrolinx to adapt to provincial calls to stay put when possible while balancing the need to provide a lifeline transit service for essential travellers."
Metrolinx says the temporary service changes will impact weekend and evening GO Transit customers and UP Express riders. Buses will replace trains along the Barrie, Stouffville and Kitchener lines during weekday evening and weekend periods, and there will be reduced service for UP Express.
The Kitchener line has stops in Mississauga (Malton), Brampton and Georgetown.
Metrolinx says the service adjustments will begin on Jan. 23.
Although service will be temporarily reduced as a result of the lockdown and stay at home order, GO Transit and UP Express will remain operational over the course of the crisis.
Metrolinx says that as of now, overall ridership is down by more than 90 per cent. As ridership resumes, service levels will be adjusted accordingly.
From Monday to Friday, UP Express trains will operate hourly in the midday and in the late evening with the last trains departing from Union at 10 p.m. and from Pearson at 10:27 p.m.
On weekends, UP trains will operate hourly in the mornings and evenings with the first train now departing at 6 a.m. and the last trains departing from Union at 10 p.m. and from Pearson at 10:27 p.m.
GO and UP customers can get a complete overview of the changes, including the new schedules, by clicking here.
- GO Transit set to reduce service due to drop in ridership
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
- Ontario Ramps Up GO Train Service Across GTA
- Metrolinx announces new reduced schedule for GO trains and buses in response to COVID-19
- Metrolinx to reduce train and bus service amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Trio of suitors to bid on anaerobic digestion plant in Clarington