Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
The Region of Peel recently reminded Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon residents that the winter garbage exemption period (originally scheduled from Jan. 25 to Feb. 5, 2021) has been suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The region said it has been suspended to minimize manual collection and ensure worker safety.
This winter, unlimited amounts of garbage will not be collected, but residents can still place up to two extra bags on their garbage collection day. No garbage tags are needed during this timeframe, but additional bags beyond the two-bag limit will not be collected.
Bulky items will still continue to be collected at the curb and accepted at Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
"If residents have to dispose of excess garbage bags, they can take it to any Peel Community Recycling Centre, where disposal fees may apply," the region said in a news release.
CRCs only take debit and credit card payments.
Residents can click on peelregion.ca/waste for information or sign up to receive weekly waste notification reminders.
- Fall garbage exemption period suspended in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- What you need to know about waste collection over the holidays in Mississauga
- Changes coming to garbage and recycling rules and procedures in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark