Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
The Region of Peel recently reminded Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon residents that the winter garbage exemption period (originally scheduled from Jan. 25 to Feb. 5, 2021) has been suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The region said it has been suspended to minimize manual collection and ensure worker safety.
This winter, unlimited amounts of garbage will not be collected, but residents can still place up to two extra bags on their garbage collection day. No garbage tags are needed during this timeframe, but additional bags beyond the two-bag limit will not be collected.
Bulky items will still continue to be collected at the curb and accepted at Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
"If residents have to dispose of excess garbage bags, they can take it to any Peel Community Recycling Centre, where disposal fees may apply," the region said in a news release.
CRCs only take debit and credit card payments.
Residents can click on peelregion.ca/waste for information or sign up to receive weekly waste notification reminders.
- Fall garbage exemption period suspended in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- What you need to know about waste collection over the holidays in Mississauga
- Changes coming to garbage and recycling rules and procedures in Mississauga
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules