Changes coming to Burnhamthorpe Community Centre in Mississauga
Mississauga is getting a new community centre... sort of.
The existing Burnhamthorpe Community Centre--located on Gulleden Drive, near Burnhamthorpe Road East and Dixie Road--is getting a new addition as well as a makeover in order to help meet the needs of the community.
The new addition will include an aquatic and fitness center, while the renovations will seek to improve infrastructure, including the gym, multipurpose rooms and public spaces, to address population growth and changing demographics in the area.
The original community centre was built in 1974, with a major gym expansion completed in 2004.
After the renovations are complete, community members will be able to enjoy a new fitness centre, optimized multi-purpose social and recreation hub for the community, renovated gymnasium, and improved circulation of the building.
Additionally, improvements to the exterior of the building should make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- A Brand New Community Centre is Coming to Mississauga
- Mississauga community centre reopens after temporary closure
- $50 million park and community centre coming to Mississauga soon
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Paramedics Respond to Drowning Man at Mississauga Community Centre
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel