Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month
If you live in the Region of Peel (Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon), you should note that a change is coming to your waste collection routine this month.
The region recently announced that yard waste collection starts the week of March 8.
Residents in rural areas of Caledon will have their yard waste picked up on designated Fridays.
The region says yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
As for how to put it out, residents should place their yard waste at the curb in kraft yard waste bags (plastic bags will not be accepted), or containers that are clearly labelled “yard waste” by marker or sticker.
Peel Region no longer accepts grass clippings at the curb or at Community Recycling Centres.
Leaves and yard rakings with debris (including spring dead grass), tree trimmings, branches, brush, and hedge trimmings are accepted as yard waste.
For more information, click here.
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises