Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver to Open a Restaurant in Mississauga
Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, known for a long list of popular cooking television shows and as an advocate for better food education, will open his second Canadian restaurant. Jamie's Italian resto is set to open at Square One in 2016.
Jamie's Italian will feature fresh, authentic dishes using seasonal ingredients in Chef Oliver's signature rustic style. Menu items will include artisan breads, pasta and pizza made fresh daily on-site, Italian mains and desserts, an antipasti station with cured meats and an open-concept kitchen.
Jamie’s Italian originally launched in 2008 in Oxford, England and has expanded globally in Great Britain, the Middle East, Asia and Europe. The brand is opening Canadian locations in partnership with King Street Food Company - a Canadian premiere restaurant group with well known Toronto brands under its belt, such as Buca Osteria and Enoteca, Bar Buca, Buca (Yorkville), The Saint Tavern and Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse.
"Canada is a place very close to my heart. I'm always excited about spending time there, and whenever I visit, I always get an amazing welcome," Oliver said in a press release.
Jamie's Italian will be located in the southwest wing of Square One in the luxury expansion portion that's coming in 2016. Stores in the section will include Kate Spade, Rolex, Wolford and Holt Renfrew.
- Residents Warned of Possible New CRA Fraud in Mississauga
- Police Appeal to Identify Suspect in Dog Bite Investigation
- MISSING: 15-Year-Old Female From Mississauga
- Unique Halloween Event Taking Place at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga Will Soon Find Out if It’ll be Amazon’s New Home
- Jamie Oliver's Italian Is Set to Finally Open in Mississauga
- 5 Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2016 in Mississauga
- Celebrity Chef Massimo to Open a Restaurant in Mississauga
- Square One South Expansion Opens With New Stores
- Brand New Italian and Portuguese Dine-In and Takeout Restaurant Open in Mississauga