CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
Police are appealing for witnesses following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m., 65-year-old Nancy Castro Olaya was walking in the Meadowvale Boulevard and Meadowpine Boulevard area when she was struck by a vehicle as she crossed a driveway entrance to several businesses.
Police say she was transported to a trauma centre and remains in serious but stable condition.
Police allege the suspect vehicle did not remain at the scene. The collision was captured on video from a local business.
You can see the video below—viewer discretion is advised:
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have been in the area prior to the collision or seen anything related to the incident.
If anyone has video or dash cam footage prior to the incident, they are asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at(905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- One-of-a-Kind Bakery Opens First Mississauga Location
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Police Searching for Vehicle After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga