CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle Fire Blocking Highway Lanes in Mississauga
Drivers should be aware of a highway incident causing major delays this afternoon.
At 5:37 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported a vehicle on fire at Highway 403 eastbound at Highway 10.
Police, Mississauga Fire, and EMS are on scene.
All lanes are blocked as a result and traffic is being diverted by officers.
No injuries to the vehicle’s driver have been reported.
The cause of the fire is currently being investigated.
At this time, Schmidt says the fire has been mostly put out, but heavy smoke and steam remain a distraction for other drivers.
Residents should avoid the area and take alternate routes.
Cover photo and video courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Eastbound Due To Vehicle Fire
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Vehicle Fire
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Paramedics Respond to Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Vehicle Fire Blocks Lane on Highway 403 in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class