CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Transport truck fire on Highway 401 in Mississauga
Officers, Peel paramedics, and Mississauga Fire are on scene for a fully involved vehicle fire this afternoon.
Shortly before 1:00 p.m., OPP reported a transport truck that had flipped onto its side and caught fire on westbound Highway 401.
All eastbound and westbound lanes on the 401 are blocked between Winston Churchill and Erin Mills Parkway.
OPP Highway Safety Division (@OPP_HSD) April 12, 2020
According to OPP, the transport truck driver collided with a crash cushion and rolled over in a construction zone.
Paramedics are treating one patient with minor injuries.
Fire crews are continuing to battle the blaze.
OPP are starting to clear held up traffic but delays are still expected in the area. Residents should take alternate routes until the scene has been cleared.
Fortunately no serious injuries. Transport truck driver collided into crash cushion and rolled over in a construction zone on #Hwy401/Winston Churchill Blvd.— OPP Highway Safety Division (@OPP_HSD) April 12, 2020
OPP beginning to clear the backlog of traffic. Expect delays pic.twitter.com/kMhzPVbVPG
Photo courtesy of OPP Highway Safety Division
UPDATE: Interview with a resident who witnessed the collision:
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Rollover Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- Crews attending to transport truck fire in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Paramedics Respond to Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Power outage in Mississauga affecting 2,000 homes and businesses
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga