CAUGHT ON VIDEO: The Night the Lights Went out in Mississauga
Mississauga residents had a difficult time driving last night when traffic lights stopped working intermittently in the Erin Mills area around 9:30 p.m.
Peel police first tweeted that the lights at Winston Churchill and Britannia were completely out and advised residents to treat the area as a four-way stop. Shortly after that, police reported that more lights were out on Britannia between Winston Churchill and Creditview.
A witness told insauga.com that the lights were working off and on for over an hour and that some drivers were not following the four-way stop rule, creating potentially hazardous conditions for other motorists.
Hydro workers were on scene fixing power poles on Britannia at the corner of Erin Mills Parkway and police officers had to control traffic at some intersections.
Take a look at a video of the blackout, courtesy of Pascal Marchand, below.
Cover photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- Teen Dead After Stabbing at House Party in Mississauga
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- Everything We Know So Far About the Restaurant Explosion in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspects of Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga