CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Suspect Flees After Shooting Woman with Crossbow in Mississauga
Officers are seeking the public’s help as they investigate an attempted murder in Mississauga.
The incident happened at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
A male suspect posing as a delivery man and carrying a box attended a residence on Bayberry Drive, near the intersection of Argentia and Winston Churchill.
The victim, a 44 year old, woman answered the door and had a brief conversation with the suspect.
It is believed the suspect then shot the victim in the chest with an arrow using a crossbow that was concealed inside of the box.
He then retreated to a dark coloured pickup truck that was parked nearby and fled the area.
It is currently unknown if there was anybody else in the vehicle.
The following day, a search of the residence yielded the arrow that is believed to have been used in the shooting, as well as surveillance footage of the incident.
“The arrow used in this incident is designed to hunt large game such as moose and deer and inflict the maximum amount of damage possible,” police say.
The video, seen below, shows the suspect waiting at the door for a few seconds with his right hand concealed inside the box. It then shows the aftermath of the shooting, in which the suspect hastily flees while the victim shuts the door.
The victim called 911 and EMS attended the scene.
Police say the victim sustained life-threatening and life-altering injuries, with damage done to her internal organs.
“The victim spent several months in hospital,” said Det. Sgt. Jim Kettles. “She’ll be in a recovery phase for the rest of her life.”
The victim was alone as the residence at the time of the shooting.
Police say this was an attempted murder that the victim was not meant to survive.
While the victim got a clear view of her suspect, police say he was not known to her.
Investigators believe it was a targeted attack and have not ruled out the possibility that the suspect was working at the request of another person.
As part of the investigation, police have procured a crossbow, arrow, and cardboard box meant to replicate how the actual items looked.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Anyone with information that can assist police is asked to call 905-456-5840, or leave information anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photos and video courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- Top 5 Chinese Takeout Joints in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting
- Victim Hits Suspect Trying to Steal Bag in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim After Two Mississauga Men Charged With Murder
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga