CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Snowbirds take to the skies over Mississauga
On Sunday, May 10, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds took to the skies over several Ontario cities, and filmed their trip for those at home practicing social distancing to experience second-hand.
Their route took them from Mississauga to London via Niagara Falls, passing directly over Halton and Hamilton.
Then, after landing in London at 1:45 p.m., the team flew past Stratford, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph, Collingwood and Barrie in the evening.
Part of a mission called “Operation Inspiration,” the Snowbirds have been flying over Ontario to help raise the spirits of those who have been doing their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Snowbirds take majestic flight through Ontario's skies
- Snowbirds flights rescheduled for today after being postponed due to snow
- OPSEU President calling on Ontario businesses to send workers home to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Social distancing: what to do and what not to do to curb spread of COVID-19
- GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga