CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Rare Footage of Mississauga Explosion as it Happens
Security camera footage of the massive explosion that collapsed part of a plaze in Mississauga shows the moment the blast rocked the affected building.
You can see footage of the blast, courtesy of The 4K Guy, below:
The blast, which rocked a commercial building on Hurontario St. near Dundas St. in Mississauga, injured several people and displaced 50 others.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that as of 11:00 a.m. today (Feb. 13), the investigation by the Ontario Office of the Fire Marshal—with support from Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services and Peel Regional Police—into the cause of an explosion that damaged a commercial plaza at 3066 Hurontario St. continues.
Hurontario Street from Dundas Street to Hillcrest Avenue remains closed to vehicle traffic in both directions, and there is no pedestrian access on Hurontario, both sides, from Agnes Street to Hillcrest Avenue.
“The City’s Office of Emergency Management is contacting those directly impacted by this incident on a daily basis,” said Mississauga Fire Chief Tim Beckett. “Our focus is safety first. We are working with our City staff, community partners, the Region of Peel Human Services and the Red Cross, Enbridge and Peel Regional Police to remedy the area as quickly as possible.”
The blast occurred around 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 11.
Five people were treated at the scene, and a man, woman and child were transported to hospital. One suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Yesterday, the city confirmed that 50 people have been displaced from their homes as result of the explosion. They are currently staying in hotels.
- UPDATE: Here’s What’s Happening With the Explosion Site in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Explosion Rips Through Commercial Building on Hurontario in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Part of Hurontario Remains Closed Due to Explosion
- UPDATE: Here's What We Know About the Mississauga Explosion So Far
- Here's Everything We Know About the Explosion in Mississauga
- Canada's Wonderland reopening for thrill-seekers on July 7
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- Just 15 new cases of COVID-19 in Mississauga today