CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Rare Footage of Mississauga Explosion as it Happens
Security camera footage of the massive explosion that collapsed part of a plaze in Mississauga shows the moment the blast rocked the affected building.
You can see footage of the blast, courtesy of The 4K Guy, below:
The blast, which rocked a commercial building on Hurontario St. near Dundas St. in Mississauga, injured several people and displaced 50 others.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that as of 11:00 a.m. today (Feb. 13), the investigation by the Ontario Office of the Fire Marshal—with support from Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services and Peel Regional Police—into the cause of an explosion that damaged a commercial plaza at 3066 Hurontario St. continues.
Hurontario Street from Dundas Street to Hillcrest Avenue remains closed to vehicle traffic in both directions, and there is no pedestrian access on Hurontario, both sides, from Agnes Street to Hillcrest Avenue.
“The City’s Office of Emergency Management is contacting those directly impacted by this incident on a daily basis,” said Mississauga Fire Chief Tim Beckett. “Our focus is safety first. We are working with our City staff, community partners, the Region of Peel Human Services and the Red Cross, Enbridge and Peel Regional Police to remedy the area as quickly as possible.”
The blast occurred around 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 11.
Five people were treated at the scene, and a man, woman and child were transported to hospital. One suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Yesterday, the city confirmed that 50 people have been displaced from their homes as result of the explosion. They are currently staying in hotels.
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
- Something New is Being Installed at this Mississauga GO Station
- Here’s What Not to do When You Find a Dead Animal in Your Yard in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Here’s What’s Happening With the Explosion Site in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Explosion Rips Through Commercial Building on Hurontario in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Part of Hurontario Remains Closed Due to Explosion
- UPDATE: Here's What We Know About the Mississauga Explosion So Far
- Here's Everything We Know About the Explosion in Mississauga