CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police Investigating String of Distraction Thefts in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police are currently investigating a string of jewelry distraction thefts in Mississauga.
According to police, three incidents occurred in January in three different parts of the city, targeting elderly residents ranging from ages 62 to 91.
On Monday, January 14 at approximately 12:25 p.m., a 62-year-old male victim was in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Eglinton Avenue West in Mississauga when he was approached by a male and female suspect asking for directions to the hospital. The female suspect showed the victim jewelry and placed the jewelry on him. Both suspects then left in a white vehicle. The victim later realized that his own jewelry was missing.
On Monday, January 14 at approximately 4:00 p.m., a 75-year-old female victim was in the area of McLaughlin Road and Matheson Boulevard in Mississauga when she was approached by a female suspect asking for directions to the hospital. The female suspect showed the victim jewelry and placed the jewelry on her. The female suspect then left in a black car that had a male and small child inside. The victim later realized that her own jewelry was missing.
On Thursday, January 25 at approxiamtely 11:50 a.m, a 91-year-old female victim was in the area of Dundas Street and Blundell Road in Mississauga when she was approached by a female suspect. The female suspect showed the victim some jewelry and placed the jewelry on her and while doing so, pinned the elderly victim down and forcefully removed the earrings that she was wearing. The suspect then left the area in a white Ford Edge and was last seen travelling eastbound on Dundas Street.
The female suspect is described as middle eastern with a light complexion, in her 50's with her head covered with a scarf.
Investigators have obtained surveillance footage of the female suspect and the vehicle she operating on Janaury 25, as seen below.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the investigators at 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Police Put Out Warning Following String of Thefts From Seniors in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Female Suspect in Custody After Fatal Stabbing in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Female Bank Robbery Suspect
- Police Asking for Public Help Identifying Female Victim in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police Searching for Sexual Assault Suspect in Mississauga