CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy celebrate his birthday
While these are stressful times for everyone, they can be especially difficult for kids who don’t fully grasp what’s going on.
Schools are currently closed, and many kids have been unable to see and play with their friends since the Province declared a state of emergency.
This is only compounded for kids with spring birthdays, who may not be able to understand why they can’t invite all their friends to a birthday party.
In the case of six-year-old Demetre, Peel Regional Police (PRP) stepped up to help him celebrate his sixth birthday.
Despite the fact PRP has already been working extra hard to help keep the Region safe, as well as ensure residents are following the instructions of health care providers and practicing social distancing, officers from the 22 Division took time out of their busy schedules to help wish Demetre a happy birthday.
“Thank you, thank you so much!”— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) April 7, 2020
- Grandmother of 6 year-old Demetre. #PRP officers from 22 Division were able to surprise Demetre on his special day. “It was the best birthday present ever!” said Demetre. #HappyBirthday #community pic.twitter.com/uY7fRJmfGA
While most birthdays these days will be memorable for the wrong reasons, this one will likely stand out for more jovial reasons.
- COVID-19 takes the cake, again: Spring babies face second birthday in a pandemic
- VIDEO: Mississauga woman who survived COVID-19 celebrates her 102nd birthday
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted trying to break up birthday party
- Gunfire broke out at a one-year-old's birthday party in Toronto
- Happy 175th birthday Hamilton; time to party like it's 1846
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga