CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy celebrate his birthday
While these are stressful times for everyone, they can be especially difficult for kids who don’t fully grasp what’s going on.
Schools are currently closed, and many kids have been unable to see and play with their friends since the Province declared a state of emergency.
This is only compounded for kids with spring birthdays, who may not be able to understand why they can’t invite all their friends to a birthday party.
In the case of six-year-old Demetre, Peel Regional Police (PRP) stepped up to help him celebrate his sixth birthday.
Despite the fact PRP has already been working extra hard to help keep the Region safe, as well as ensure residents are following the instructions of health care providers and practicing social distancing, officers from the 22 Division took time out of their busy schedules to help wish Demetre a happy birthday.
“Thank you, thank you so much!”— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) April 7, 2020
- Grandmother of 6 year-old Demetre. #PRP officers from 22 Division were able to surprise Demetre on his special day. “It was the best birthday present ever!” said Demetre. #HappyBirthday #community pic.twitter.com/uY7fRJmfGA
While most birthdays these days will be memorable for the wrong reasons, this one will likely stand out for more jovial reasons.
- VIDEO: Mississauga woman who survived COVID-19 celebrates her 102nd birthday
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- 20 Stores That Will Give You Free Things On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- PHOTOS: The Dr. Seuss Experience celebrates Dr. Seuss' birthday in Mississauga
- Five Reasons Why Mississauga’s Hub Climbing is Perfect for Kids and Families
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga to ask region to temporarily ban the sale of non-essential goods at big box stores
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Region will not prohibit big box stores from selling non-essential goods in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga