CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
Videos courtesy of @evergoldfamily on Instagram
- Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- Police seize loaded gun during house party investigation in Mississauga
- Teen Dead After Stabbing at House Party in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Nine Mississauga condos in three different neighbourhoods are growing in value
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month