CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
Videos courtesy of @evergoldfamily on Instagram
- Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- 11 charges laid after house party breaks COVID by-laws: Hamilton Police
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted trying to break up birthday party
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 postal codes with high COVID-19 positivity
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall