CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
Earlier this afternoon (May 25), emergency crews attempted a water rescue in Mississauga.
At 3:43 p.m. today (May 25), Peel Regional Police (PRP) say a person went into the Credit River in the Old Derry Road and Old Creditview Road area.
As a result, several emergency crews and first responders began searching for the individual, including an Ontario Provincial Police helicopter.
Police say the westbound lanes of Derry Rd. W. are closed from Mavis Rd. One lane on eastbound Derry Rd. W. is also closed in the area of Credit River, as PRP continues the search.
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- Derry and Airport Road closed due to collision involving alleged impaired driver in Mississauga
- Emergency crews attempting to rescue dog in distress in Mississauga
- Derry closed due to collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Mississauga retiree enjoying big lotto win