CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
Earlier this afternoon (May 25), emergency crews attempted a water rescue in Mississauga.
At 3:43 p.m. today (May 25), Peel Regional Police (PRP) say a person went into the Credit River in the Old Derry Road and Old Creditview Road area.
As a result, several emergency crews and first responders began searching for the individual, including an Ontario Provincial Police helicopter.
Police say the westbound lanes of Derry Rd. W. are closed from Mavis Rd. One lane on eastbound Derry Rd. W. is also closed in the area of Credit River, as PRP continues the search.
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- Woman struck by car on Derry Road in Mississauga: Peel Police
- Derry and Airport Road closed due to collision involving alleged impaired driver in Mississauga
- Emergency crews attempting to rescue dog in distress in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Starbucks close two Brampton locations to deal with COVID-19
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19