CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
Earlier this afternoon (May 25), emergency crews attempted a water rescue in Mississauga.
At 3:43 p.m. today (May 25), Peel Regional Police (PRP) say a person went into the Credit River in the Old Derry Road and Old Creditview Road area.
As a result, several emergency crews and first responders began searching for the individual, including an Ontario Provincial Police helicopter.
Police say the westbound lanes of Derry Rd. W. are closed from Mavis Rd. One lane on eastbound Derry Rd. W. is also closed in the area of Credit River, as PRP continues the search.
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- Derry and Airport Road closed due to collision involving alleged impaired driver in Mississauga
- Emergency crews attempting to rescue dog in distress in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga